Spanish Language and Culture
SPANISH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
ELE Courses, Spanish as a foreign language
Our Spanish courses are designed so that students reach an effective and operating level of Spanish in a short time, they concentrate on being able to think and communicate fluently in Spanish. These courses are the perfect opportunity to start learning or to improve your level of Spanish. The program goes beyond class hours, creating an environment with interesting activities and you are also in contact with native speakers. The methodology is participatory, intensive and mainly oral. The classes are fun and at the same time require the interest and motivation of the students.
At Spanish Institute for Global Education we follow a communicative approach to teaching. The fundamental objective of this methodology is for students to learn to communicate in Spanish in a wide variety of contexts and situations. In addition to the language, the students have the opportunity to learn about our culture and the most current issues of our society.
The program is taught at six levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework) and two program formats:
- Main program: 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week
- A la carte program: Each student can request from 5 to 25 hours a week
Contents of the ELE courses (Spanish as a Foreign Language):
- Conversation: Developing oral communication skills, listening and speaking, is a central task in our school since they are not acquired by studying but by practicing. The class is an environment that promotes their development through linguistic immersion, deliberate practice, and the implementation of different techniques ranging from memorization and initial repetition to free use of the language. Listening to understand, small conversations, bits of intelligence, routines, role plays, songs, dramatizations, reading aloud, creation of short stories, simulations, design of arguments, learn by playing... we work in pairs, in teams and promote interaction. The objective is to achieve fluency from the beginning of learning, so that what the students learn, they do it correctly, with the confidence to be able to use it from the first moment.
- Reading and writing: Written communication skills are central to establish what has been learned well. The emphasis is communication. Write to communicate and read to understand. These skills can also be worked on outside the classroom and represent a great development of learning Spanish for our students. From the beginning, students are encouraged to write short texts that communicate ideas that are of interest to them. Throughout the process, the students’ interests are always present.
- Grammar: For the teachers of Spanish Institute, studying grammar consists of providing students with the a solid structure on which they can support themselves. Studying grammar allows you to analyze language while learning. We do not build language from grammar but from language itself. The analysis and structure of grammar provides clarity, norms and means to deepen your knowledge. It is built through the use of structures that students learn in relation to communicative functions. This facilitates the learning of grammar in a context of immediate understanding and use, bringing it to daily life and not leaving it as a theoretical and remote metalanguage.
- Culture, history and society: This class is the perfect opportunity to learn Spanish through learning history, knowing what Spanish society is like, traditions, diet, beliefs or ways of understanding life. It is about showing reality, with its pros and cons and in this context the students will find a great variety of content, vocabulary, expressions, etc. In our immersion programs, students visit monuments or participate in activities where they can experiment and practice what they have learned.
LINGUISTIC IMMERSION: The language immersion programs include a Spanish course for foreigners (ELE), a program of cultural activities and accommodation.
OTHER COURSE OPTIONS
- PREPARATION FOR THE DELE / SIELE EXAMS:
The diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) and the International Service of Evaluation of the Spanish Language (SIELE) are official certificates accrediting the degree of competence and command of the Spanish language, granted by the Cervantes Institute on behalf of the Ministry of Education of Spain. Our students feel prepared and confident to achieve these diplomas.
- CUSTOM COURSES that fit your specific needs
- Private classes
- Intensive courses
- Courses for groups
- Video conference classes
- Spanish for family/friends
- COURSES FOR TEACHERS
- ADULT LEARNERS
- SPECIFIC SPANISH COURSES “SEVILLA EXPERIENCES”
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalucía: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to learn and improve your Spanish, share your day to day experiences and enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
- Twenty hour academic program at Spanish Institute.
- Orientation: you will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Course materials.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the begining and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Weekly: four cultural activities in Sevilla and an excursion to a surrounding area.
- Farewell tapas celebration.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Participation certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLA
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Shared apartment option available upon request for programs of one month or longer.
In this type of accommodation you will share the apartment with other international or Spanish students.
Spanish Institute gives a certificate to the participants detailing the program, dates and duration.
The courses, as requested by each student, can be directed to achieve a DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) or SIELE (Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española) certificate.
DATES AND DURATION
Starting every Monday
Minimum period: one week
Full program with 20 hours of class – Homestay, full board
Full program with 20 hours of class – Shared apartment
ENROLLMENT PRICES FOR OFFICIAL EXAMS
We register you in the official exams at no extra cost.
These are the official 2020 rates:
DELE EXAMS ADULTS
DELE EXAMS SCHOLARS
A2 · B1 €160
SIELE GLOBAL €155
S1: Read and listen €55
S2: Read and write €75
S3: Listen and speak €100
S4: Speak €75
S5: Write and speak €100