Spanish Language and Culture
SPANISH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
Learn fast with our ELE Courses (Spanish as a foreign language)
Our uniquely immersive Spanish courses are designed to help students reach an effective and operating level of Spanish in a short time – so that they’re quickly able to think and communicate fluently in Spanish! These courses are the perfect opportunity to start learning or to improve your level of Spanish. The program goes beyond class hours, creating an engaging environment with interesting activities and frequent contact with native speakers. The methodology is participatory, intensive, and mainly oral. The classes are designed to be fun and motivating, capturing the inspired interest of each student.
At Spanish Institute for Global Education we follow a communicative approach to teaching. The fundamental objective of this methodology is for students to learn to communicate in Spanish in a wide variety of contexts and situations. In addition to the language, the students have the opportunity to learn about our culture and society.
ACADEMIC PROGRAM APPROACH
Two program formats are available to students:
- Main program: 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week
- A la carte program: Each student can request from 5 to 25 hours a week
The program is taught at six levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework).
Content of the ELE courses (Spanish as a Foreign Language):
- Conversation: Helping learners develop the key communication skills of listening and speaking is a central task of our school. These skills are not acquired by studying, but by practicing. With this in mind, the classroom is an environment that promotes each student’s development through linguistic immersion, deliberate practice, and the implementation of different techniques ranging from memorization and initial repetition to free use of the language. We work in pairs and in teams to promote interaction through such activities as small conversations, routines, role plays, songs, dramatizations, reading aloud, creation of short stories, simulations, mock arguments, and learning by playing. The objective is to achieve fluency, so that students learn to converse correctly and with the confidence to be able to use the Spanish language right from the start.
- Reading and writing: Written communication skills are central for establishing that lessons have been learned correctly. In the reading and writing elements of our courses, we focus on communication - with students writing to communicate, and reading to understand. These skills can also be practiced outside the classroom, with students encouraged from the start to write short texts that communicate ideas that are of interest to them. Throughout the process,students begin to note their own improvement in the Spanish language.
- Grammar: The grammar taught at Spanish Institute consists of providing students with a solid grammatical foundation to build upon. We do not build language from grammar, but from language itself. The analysis and structure of grammar provides clarity, norms, and meaning to deepen our students’ understanding of its use in relation to communication. This facilitates the learning of grammar in a context of immediate understanding and use, relating it to daily life rather than leaving it simply as a theoretical and remote metalanguage.
- Culture, history and society: Our ELE courses offer the perfect opportunity to learn Spanish surrounded by authentic Spanish culture. Students learn the history of Spain, and gain a deeper understanding of Spanish life, including its traditions, cuisine, and belief system. Through this uniquely immersive experience, students will soon discover a vast range of new vocabulary and expressions to learn. Our immersion programs also offer students wonderful opportunities to visit renowned local monuments and attractions, and to participate in frequent activities where they can experiment with and practice what they have learned.
LINGUISTIC IMMERSION: The language immersion programs include a Spanish course for foreigners (ELE), a program of cultural activities and accommodation.
OTHER COURSE OPTIONS
- PREPARATION FOR THE DELE / SIELE EXAMS:
The diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) and the International Service of Evaluation of the Spanish Language (SIELE) are official certificates accrediting the degree of competence and command of the Spanish language, granted by the Cervantes Institute on behalf of the Ministry of Education of Spain. Our students feel prepared and confident to achieve these diplomas.
- CUSTOM COURSES that fit your specific needs
- Private classes
- Intensive courses
- Courses for groups
- Video conference classes
- Spanish for family/friends
- COURSES FOR TEACHERS
- ADULT LEARNERS
- SPECIFIC SPANISH COURSES “SEVILLE EXPERIENCES”
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalusia: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to learn and improve your Spanish, share your day to day experiences and enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
- Twenty hour academic program at Spanish Institute.
- Orientation: you will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Course materials.
- Accommodation with a host family in Seville with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the beginning and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Weekly: two cultural activities in Seville and one in Discover Andalusia.
- Farewell tapas celebration.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Participation certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLE
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Shared apartment option available upon request for programs of one month or longer.
In this type of accommodation you will share the apartment with other international or Spanish students.
Our health insurance gives access to the best private hospitals and of course covers everything related to COVID-19. If a student is unwell or contracts this disease, the doctor may prescribe everything from the necessary tests to hospitalization in case of seriousness.
Spanish Institute has developed a COVID protocol to be able to track incidents that may occur, how to prevent and what to do in case of contagion.
All our programs include a 24/7 emergency service.The insurance included in our program guarantees:
- Principal Medical Health Assistance
- Medical specialists
- Diagnostic tests
- Specialist treatments
- Preventive medicine
- Second opinion
- Travel assistance
- Repatriation insurance
Spanish Institute gives a certificate to the participants detailing the program, dates and duration.
The courses, as requested by each student, can be directed to achieve a DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) or SIELE (Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española) certificate.
DATES AND DURATION
Starting every Monday
Minimum period: one week
PRICES HOST FAMILY:
20 hours a week
20 hours a week
20 hours a week
20 hours a week
PRICES SHARED APARTMENT:
20 hours a week
ENROLLMENT PRICES FOR OFFICIAL EXAMS
We register you in the official exams at no extra cost.
These are the official 2020 rates:
DELE EXAMS ADULTS
DELE EXAMS SCHOLARS
A2 · B1 €160
SIELE GLOBAL €155
S1: Read and listen €55
S2: Read and write €75
S3: Listen and speak €100
S4: Speak €75
S5: Write and speak €100