HS Academic Programs
HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMIC PROGRAM
Spanish Institute for Global Education’s High School Academic Programs are the perfect opportunity for students to spend part of their academic year at a high school in Sevilla (with a credit option).
The program is designed to immerse students in global culture, living with a Spanish family, interacting with Sevillians and enjoying the cuisine and the city of Sevilla while studying at a high school.
Spanish Institute organizes the complete academic program, accommodation, excursions, guest speakers, workshops, documents for obtaining a visa and insurance policies. All excursions are related to the content of the subjects and are guided by a teacher from Spanish Institute.
This program is prepared to support international high schools that want to offer their students an academic experience in Spain. Schools usually send an accompanying teacher with the group. This teacher, if so wishes, has the option of giving a subject of his/her choice to the students at the facilities of Spanish Institute, which will be combined with the rest of the subjects taught at the Spanish high school.
You can also participate in this program individually.
Our program includes classes at a Spanish high school, with credit options.
Shared subjects with Spanish students:
- English (Project Based Learning - PBL)
- Science Project
Subjects for visiting students:
- Audiovisual Studies
- Intensive Spanish classes (at the high school or at Spanish Institute)
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalucía: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to learn and improve your Spanish, share your day to day experiences and enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
Spanish Institute accompanies you from the first moment you arrive in Sevilla. We pick you up at the airport, introduce you to your Spanish family and start with a welcome meal. Before starting high school, you will do an orientation program that will help you adjust to life in Spain and you will receive information about the calendar, classes, subjects, public transportation, safety and activities.
- Academic program at a high school in Sevilla.
- Orientation Program. You will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Class material.
- Academic advice before coming to Sevilla, tutoring and mentoring during your stay.
- Spanish placement test before coming to Sevilla so that our academic director can advice you on the subjects and prepare your personal program.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals for the accompanying teacher. Apartment available upon request.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the beginning and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Excursions and cultural visits in Sevilla and Andalucía.
- Sports and cultural experiences.
- Welcome and farewell tapas celebrations.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Academic certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLA
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
HEALTH AND REPATRIATION INSURANCE
The insurance included in our program guarantees:
- Principal Medical Health Assistance
- Medical specialists
- Diagnostic tests
- Specialist treatments
- Preventive medicine
- Second opinion
- Travel assistance
- Repatriation insurance
The program offers a wide variety of cultural activities to explore Seville and its surroundings and other places of interest in Andalucía. The Secondary Education program includes this wide range of activities spread over three months, for shorter programs a selection is made.
SPORTS AND CULTURAL EXPERIENCES
Our sports programs are designed to enjoy a unique experience playing their favorite sport, doing a photography course or dancing latin or even flamenco while achieving an effective and operating level of Spanish in a short period of time.
The experiences we offer are:
- Water Polo
- Latin Dance
- Baile Flamenco
- Photography (please inquire)
- Cooking (please inquire)
CERTIFICATES AND CREDIT OBTAINING
You will receive an official transcript from the high school in Sevilla that you attend and from Spanish Institute.
Credit Obtaining Options
All high school academic programs are available with an option to obtain credit. Students should ensure that their home institution awards credit for their courses. The program offers the necessary documentation for these procedures.
DATES AND DURATION
Any length of time from September to June.
3 MONTHS (Any length of time from September to June)