Experience Seville Sports and Culture Programs
The experience of learning Spanish alongside another activity can not only be effective – it’s also a lot of fun! Through Spanish Institute’s Experience Program, we are dedicated to organizing activities that you’re interested in to help you quickly and easily pick up the Spanish language! If you decide to take the program as part of your vacation plan, we guarantee that your mind will have lots of time to rest from your normal daily routine. You will return home not only with an improved level of Spanish – but also with the acquisition of another skill in such activities as photography, cooking, dancing, or your favorite sport.
Does this sound like something you’d love to do together with a friend? All the better! If you bring along a friend or a relative, you’ll both receive a 10% discount on the price of the program.
OUR EXPERIENCE PROGRAM ACTIVITY OPTIONS
Spanish Institute offers the opportunity to learn Spanish in a truly unique way. Travel to Seville to play your favorite sport and learn Spanish amid the backdrop of this one of a kind city! We arrange your homestay with a Spanish family, as well as your Spanish classes and everything else needed to make your experience unforgettable.
The sports experiences we offer include:
- Water Polo
- Horseback Riding
Seville is without a doubt the best place to immerse yourself in a cultural and language program. Learn the flamenco or latin dance, try your hand at Spanish cuisine with our tapas cooking class, or take the time to photograph spectacular renowned sites in Seville while learning about our world heritage city.
The cultural experiences we offer include:
- Latin Dance
- Flamenco Dance
Spanish Institute for Global Education's Experience Program includes a twenty hour weekly intensive Spanish course taught at six levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework).
Contents of the ELE courses (Spanish as a Foreign Language):
- Conversation: Developing oral communication skills, listening and speaking, is a central task in our school since they are not acquired by studying but by practicing. The class is an environment that promotes their development through linguistic immersion, deliberate practice, and the implementation of different techniques ranging from memorization and initial repetition to free use of the language. Listening to understand, small conversations, bits of intelligence, routines, role plays, songs, dramatizations, reading aloud, creation of short stories, simulations, design of arguments, learn by playing... we work in pairs, in teams and promote interaction. The objective is to achieve fluency from the beginning of learning, so that what the students learn, they do it correctly, with the confidence to be able to use it from the first moment.
- Reading and writing: Written communication skills are central to establish what has been learned well. The emphasis is communication. Write to communicate and read to understand. These skills can also be worked on outside the classroom and represent a great development of learning Spanish for our students. From the beginning, students are encouraged to write short texts that communicate ideas that are of interest to them. Throughout the process, the students’ interests are always present.
- Grammar: For the teachers of Spanish Institute, studying grammar consists of providing students with the a solid structure on which they can support themselves. Studying grammar allows you to analyze language while learning. We do not build language from grammar but from language itself. The analysis and structure of grammar provides clarity, norms and means to deepen your knowledge. It is built through the use of structures that students learn in relation to communicative functions. This facilitates the learning of grammar in a context of immediate understanding and use, bringing it to daily life and not leaving it as a theoretical and remote metalanguage.
- Culture, history and society: This class is the perfect opportunity to learn Spanish through learning history, knowing what Spanish society is like, traditions, diet, beliefs or ways of understanding life. It is about showing reality, with its pros and cons and in this context the students will find a great variety of content, vocabulary, expressions, etc. In our immersion programs, students visit monuments or participate in activities where they can experiment and practice what they have learned.
- Our Spanish courses are designed so that students reach an effective and operating level of Spanish in a short time, they concentrate on being able to think and communicate fluently in Spanish. The program goes beyond class hours, creating an environment with interesting activities and you are also in contact with native speakers. The methodology is participatory, intensive and mainly oral, of course, you will also improve your reading and writing in Spanish. The classes are fun and at the same time require the interest and motivation of the students.
- Learn Spanish while doing another activity such as photography, cooking, dancing or practicing your favorite sport can be very effective as well as fun and exciting.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalusia: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to learn and improve your Spanish, share your day to day experiences and enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
Spanish Institute accompanies you from the first moment you arrive in Seville. We pick the students up at the airport and introduce you to you Spanish family. You will receive orientation that will help you adjust to life in Spain and you will receive information about the experience program, your schedule, safety, activities and the public transportation system in Seville.
- Twenty hour weekly academic program at Spanish Institute.
- Sports or Cultural program.
- Orientation Program.
- Class material.
- Spanish placement test before coming to Seville.
- Accommodation with a host family in Seville with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay. Shared apartment available upon request.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the beginning and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Excursions and cultural activities in Seville.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Participation certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLE
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Shared apartment option available upon request for programs of one month or longer.
In this type of accommodation you will share the apartment with other international or Spanish students.
Our health insurance gives access to the best private hospitals and of course covers everything related to COVID-19. If a student is unwell or contracts this disease, the doctor may prescribe everything from the necessary tests to hospitalization in case of seriousness.
Spanish Institute has developed a COVID protocol to be able to track incidents that may occur, how to prevent and what to do in case of contagion.
All our programs include a 24/7 emergency service.The insurance included in our program guarantees:
- Principal Medical Health Assistance
- Medical specialists
- Diagnostic tests
- Specialist treatments
- Preventive medicine
- Second opinion
- Travel assistance
- Repatriation insurance
Spanish Institute gives a certificate to the participants detailing the program, dates and duration.
The courses, as requested by each student, can be directed to achieve a DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) or SIELE (Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española) certificate.
DATES AND DURATION
Our programs start on Mondays and you can join us for two weeks or up to several months
PRICES HOST FAMILY
If you come with a friend, or a relative, you will both have a 10% discount on the price of the program
Experience (Sport or Culture)
Experience (Sport or Culture)
Experience (Sport or Culture)
PRICES SHARED APARTMENT
Experience (Sport or Culture)