University Faculty Led Programs
UNIVERSITY FACULTY LED PROGRAMS
Our Faculty Led Programs offer university students the perfect opportunity to take short-term, credit-bearing courses in Seville, accompanied by their home university professor or tutor!
Visiting Professors: What to expect
The visiting professor may give a university course or courses to their students at Spanish Institute, and will feel right at home in our teaching center – fully equipped with wifi, projectors, whiteboards, a computer lab, an extensive library, a teachers’ room, and an area of leisure for the students.
From the moment of their arrival, visiting professors can concentrate on teaching and enjoying their beautiful surroundings, as Spanish Institute organizes all accommodation, excursions, guest speakers, and transportation. All excursions are related to the subject material and are guided by one of Spanish Institute’s own teachers. Visiting professors and students will find it easy to get around town, as Spanish Institute is just a 15-minute walk from the center of Seville and right around the corner from a metro station and bus stops.
Visiting professors may stay with a host family or in an apartment. They will be invited to join the group on all of the cultural visits and participate in the workshops. They may, optionally, join a class of adult learners instructed in Spanish or English, with various topics covering such things as the latest teaching methods, the current situation in Spain, how the lives of women in Spain has changed in the last 50 years to name a few.
Optionally, some universities may wish to complement the classes of the visiting professor/tutor with other classes taught by Spanish professors. In these cases, Spanish Institute recruits local Spanish teachers as needed to meet the requirements of each university.
Visiting international students: What to expect
The program is designed to immerse international students into a global culture by living with a Spanish family, interacting with the locals, and enjoying the cuisine and city of Seville – all while taking university courses for credit offered by their home university professor or professors selected by Spanish Institute.
These programs are done in collaboration with universities, such that the participating educational institutions can choose exactly what they want to do with the course. The students travel with a professor from their university who gives the classes and prepares the students for planned field trips and activities in Seville and the surrounding region.
SPRING OR JANUARY TERM
Many universities and colleges offer their students an intensive course just before the start of the spring semester. Other universities and colleges prefer to organize their programs at the end of the spring term. Both options are a good opportunity to travel abroad and to devote 2 to 3 intensive weeks to learning another language and learning about another culture.
Students have a great experience and at the same time enjoy a very academically intense course with field trips and activities that are not tourist-focused. Participants gain a much deeper understanding of the cultural and historic aspects of Spain, contributing to their development as global citizens.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalusia: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to get a feel of the culture and to enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to its students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
Spanish Institute accompanies you from the first moment you arrive in Seville. We pick the students up at the airport, introduce them to their Spanish families and treat them to a welcome meal. Before starting the program, the students will receive orientation that will help them adjust to life in Spain and they will receive information about the schedule, safety, activities and the public transportation system in Seville.
- Orientation Program. You will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Class material.
- Spanish placement test before coming to Seville.
- Accommodation with a host family in Seville with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Accommodation with a host family in Seville with full room and board; three meals for the accompanying teacher. Shared apartment available upon request.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the beginning and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Excursions and cultural visits in Seville and Andalusia.
- Welcome and farewell tapas celebrations.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Guest speakers on topics related to their university subject (in English or Spanish).
- Specialized courses upon request.
- Workshops (cooking, flamenco, etc).
- Spanish courses for students.
- Spanish course for professor.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLE
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Our health insurance gives access to the best private hospitals and of course covers everything related to COVID-19. If a student is unwell or contracts this disease, the doctor may prescribe everything from the necessary tests to hospitalization in case of seriousness.
Spanish Institute has developed a COVID protocol to be able to track incidents that may occur, how to prevent and what to do in case of contagion.
All our programs include a 24/7 emergency service.The insurance included in our program guarantees:
- Principal Medical Health Assistance
- Medical specialists
- Diagnostic tests
- Specialist treatments
- Preventive medicine
- Second opinion
- Travel assistance
- Repatriation insurance
All of our faculty led university programs are personalized programs that we organize with the home university according to their needs.
Past program examples of fees:
- A Ten-day program for social work students: €998 per student
- A Three-week program for nursing students: €1,992 per student
The guest teacher has the option of staying with a host family or in a shared apartment, please ask about the fee.