University Faculty Led
UNIVERSITY FACULTY LED PROGRAMS
Faculty Led Programs are the perfect opportunity for university students to take short-term, credit-bearing courses in Sevilla, accompanied by their professor. The visiting university professor may give a university course or courses for their students at Spanish Institute. Our center is fully equipped with wifi, projectors, white boards, a computer lab, an extensive library, a teachers’ room and an area of leisure for the students. Spanish Institute is situated at a 15 minute walk from the center of Sevilla and right around the corner from a metro station and bus stops. We are right next to the famous soccer stadium and there are many shops and restaurants nearby.
The professors can concentrate on teaching since Spanish Institute organizes the accommodations, excursions, guest speakers and transportation. All excursions are related to the subject material and are guided by a professor from Spanish Institute.
Optionally, there are universities that wish to complement the classes of the visiting professor / tutor with other classes taught by Spanish professors that Spanish Institute recruits to meet the requirements of each university.
The professors may stay in a host family or in an apartment. They will be invited to join the group on all of the cultural visits and participate in the workshops. They may, optionally, join a class in Spanish or English for adults on the latest teaching methods, the current situation in Spain, how the lives of women in Spain has changed in the last 50 years to name a few.
This program is designed to immerse international students into global culture by living with a Spanish family, interacting with the locals and enjoying the cuisine and city of Sevilla while taking university courses for credit offered by their home university professor or professors selected by Spanish Institute.
SPRING OR JANUARY TERM
Many universities and colleges offer their students an intensive course just before the start of the spring semester. Other universities and colleges prefer to organize their programs at the end of the spring term. Both options are a good opportunity to travel abroad and to devote 2 to 3 intensive weeks to learning another language and learning about another culture. Students have a great experience and at the same time enjoy a very academically intense course with field trips and activities that are not tourist focused. The students gain a deeper comprehension of the cultural and historic aspects of Spain.
These programs are done in collaboration with universities in such a way that the universities themselves can choose exactly what they want to do with the course. The students travel with a professor from their university who gives the classes and prepares the students for the field trips and activities. If the college or university needs Spanish Institute to offer classes, we do so. Our school organizes all of the field trips and a professor from our school goes along as a guide.
Each university or college can decide which activities they wish to offer to their students as well as the various places to visit throughout Andalucía. The program may include any of the trips and activities that you can see in the Cultural Activities section.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalucía: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Personalized Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to get a feel of the culture and to enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to its students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
Spanish Institute accompanies you from the first moment you arrive in Sevilla. We pick the students up at the airport, introduce them to their Spanish families and treat them to a welcome meal. Before starting the program, the students will receive orientation that will help them adjust to life in Spain and they will receive information about the schedule, safety, activities and the public transportation system in Sevilla.
- Orientation Program. You will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Class material.
- Spanish placement test before coming to Sevilla.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals for the accompanying teacher. Shared apartment available upon request.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the begining and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Excursions and cultural visits in Sevilla and Andalucía.
- Welcome and farewell tapas celebrations.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Guest speakers on topics related to their university subject (in English or Spanish).
- Specialized courses upon request.
- Workshops (cooking, flamenco, etc).
- Spanish courses for students.
- Spanish course for professor.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLA
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
All of our faculty led university programs are personalized programs that we organize with the home university according to their needs.
Past program examples of fees:
- A Ten-day program for social work students: €998 per student
- A Three-week program for nursing students: €1,992 per student
The guest teacher has the option of staying with a host family or in a shared apartment, please ask about the fee.