Spanish Teacher Training
Didactic training course for ELE Teachers - CAPDELE - Erasmus +
At Spanish Institute, education is our passion – and we take special care of our courses for teachers, as we love to share and spread knowledge in the global classroom of Seville. With that in mind, we proudly present a course that Spanish Institute for Global Education has offered for teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language for more than 20 years! Come to Spain and enrich your teaching and your life while sharing the experience with teachers from all over the world.
This course aims to offer an experience of inspiration, renewal, and reflection for ELE teachers who seek to deepen their learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language. It’s about addressing pedagogical proposals based on new neuroscience studies, and on methodological views that facilitate effective language acquisition. In this way, teachers will be able to bring brain-friendly lessons to the classroom, promoting profound and effective learning.
The course enhances the idea of active learning, consistent with the methodological principles that it tries to boost. Together with theoretical approaches, teacher-participants will live the pedagogical experience of “learning by doing.” They will use the cooperative method, create a final task, develop assessment instruments, and handle many materials to use in their classes. Additionally, they will address complex grammatical questions, become familiar with both the vocabulary and way of life of Spain, and practice techniques to get their students speaking Spanish fluently.
Our course content responds to a natural approach to learning a second language, to include:
- Learning with the ears, the strength of oral input.
- Making language visible.
- Fluency as a linguistic goal from the beginning.
- Cooperative learning, promoting participation by creating a brain-friendly environment.
- Questions that promote critical thinking.
- Implicit grammar, consistent support for language structure.
- Task-based learning, a space for growth that is supported by the “real” use of language.
- Evaluation of competences, abilities and skills, beyond examination.
Following these principles, we provide our ELE teachers with a multitude of resources and tools they can take directly to their classes. The course methodology is practical, based on a scientific and updated approach to language acquisition.
- Available through the Erasmus+ Program.
- Updated contents and materials and endorsed by research and advances in pedagogy and neuroscience.
- Training given by highly experienced teachers, including Dr. María Teresa Alonso, a specialist in bilingual programs.
- Follow-up by email, at the request of the participants, during the year of the implementation of the proposed methodologies in the classroom. Material update.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalusia: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
- Twenty-five hour academic program at Spanish Institute.
- Orientation: you will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Course materials (Contents, presentations and class material).
- Accommodation with a host family in Seville with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the beginning and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Four cultural activities in Seville and an excursion to a surrounding area.
- Farewell tapas celebration.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Participation certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLE
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Our health insurance gives access to the best private hospitals and of course covers everything related to COVID-19. If a student is unwell or contracts this disease, the doctor may prescribe everything from the necessary tests to hospitalization in case of seriousness.
Spanish Institute has developed a COVID protocol to be able to track incidents that may occur, how to prevent and what to do in case of contagion.
All our programs include a 24/7 emergency service.The insurance included in our program guarantees:
- Principal Medical Health Assistance
- Medical specialists
- Diagnostic tests
- Specialist treatments
- Preventive medicine
- Second opinion
- Travel assistance
- Repatriation insurance
Spanish Institute gives a certificate to the participants detailing the program, dates and duration.
DATES AND DURATION
It is an intensive 7 day program
- 03.07.2021 > 10.07.2021
- 22.01.2022 > 29.01.2022
- 26.02.2022 > 05.03.2022
- 19.03.2022 > 26.03.2022
- 09.04.2022 > 16.04.2022
- 21.05.2022 > 28.05.2022
- 18.06.2022 > 25.06.2022
- 02.07.2022 > 09.07.2022