Didactic training course for ELE Teachers - CAPDELE- Erasmus +
We present a course that Spanish Institute for Global Education has offered for teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language for more than 20 years. At Spanish Institute, education is our passion. We take special care of our courses for teachers since we love to share and spread knowledge in the global classroom that is Sevilla. Come to Spain and enrich your teaching and your life while sharing the experience with teachers from all over the world.
This course aims to offer an experience of inspiration, renewal and reflection for ELE teachers who seek to deepen their learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language. It is about addressing pedagogical proposals based on new neuroscience studies and on methodological views that facilitate effective language learning. In this way, teachers will be able to bring brain-friendly pedagogies to the classroom, promoting profound and effective learning.
The course enhances the idea of active learning, consistent with the methodological principles that it tries to boost. Together with the theoretical approaches, the teachers will live the pedagogical experience “learning by doing”, they will use the cooperative method, they will create a final task, they will develop assessment instruments, they will handle many materials to use in their classes, they will address complex grammatical questions, they will become familiar with content and vocabulary of Spanish life, they will practice techniques to launch their students to speak Spanish fluently, etc. They will be the protagonists, in a caring and motivating environment.
The contents that we list below respond to a natural approach to learning a second language. Based on these principles, we provide the teachers who participate in our courses with a multitude of resources and tools that they can take directly to their classes. The way of working is totally practical, based on a scientific and updated approach to language learning.
- Learning with the ears, the strength of oral input.
- Making language visible.
- Fluency as a linguistic goal from the beginning.
- Cooperative learning, promoting participation by creating a brain-friendly environment.
- Questions that promote critical thinking.
- Implicit grammar, consistent support for language construction.
- Task-based learning, a space for growth that is supported by the “real” use of language.
- Evaluation of competences, abilities and skills, beyond the exams.
- Available through the Erasmus+ Program.
- Updated contents and materials and endorsed by research and advances in pedagogy and neuroscience.
- Training given by highly experienced teachers, including Dr. María Teresa Alonso, a specialist in bilingual programs.
- Follow-up by email, at the request of the participants, during the year of the implementation of the proposed methodologies in the classroom. Material update.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalucía: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
- Twenty-five hour academic program at Spanish Institute.
- Orientation: you will receive important information about the program, the city, how to move around, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- Course materials (Contents, presentations and class material).
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the begining and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Four cultural activities in Sevilla and an excursion to a surrounding area.
- Farewell tapas celebration.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Participation certificate.
ACCOMMODATION WITH A HOST FAMILY IN SEVILLA
This program includes accommodation in a host family.
Living with a family allows our students to fully discover the Spanish culture, life and people. At Spanish Institute we believe that this is an important aspect of the program.
Spanish Institute gives a certificate to the participants detailing the program, dates and duration.
DATES AND DURATION
It is an intensive 7 day program
Teacher Training - 7 days - €1,078