Quick Reference for International Educators
QUICK REFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS
We invite institutional affiliation with the Spanish Institute for Global Education. Through affiliation your institution may secure, e.g., program discounts, program customization, priority enrollment, and scholarships. Contact us through our form or email@example.com.
School of Record: Students Earn U.S. Credits for Spanish Institute Courses
The Spanish Institute has negotiated an agreement with the University of Montana (UM), a top-tier (“R1”) research university, to record grades for Spanish Institute courses and to issue transcripts for those grades. Students participating in Spanish Institute courses are able to transfer official U.S. credits to their home institution for those courses. This follows a rigorous review of Spanish Institute syllabi by the faculty of UM’s College of Humanities and Sciences, World Languages and Cultures Department (WLC), and also by UM’s Global Leadership Initiative (GLI). The GLI provides credit for experiential learning courses beyond the scope of WLC. UM’s approval of our courses underscores the quality we offer and the legibility of our curriculum to U.S. institutions and those around the world that recognize a U.S. standard.
Up close and personal in Seville.
Immersive. Attentive. Transformative.
Our President and Founder,
an educator of educators
- The Spanish Institute’s “Introduction to Spain,” featuring survival Spanish, academic excursions throughout Andalusia, and classroom sessions
- One or more courses at our direct-enrollment partners:
- University of Seville
- Pablo de Olavide University
- EUSA University Centre
- Spanish Institute Elective language or subject courses
- Spanish Institute Internship/Service-Learning placement and/or Research or Creative Independent Study.
- Full room and board in host families or shared apartment
- Select from numerous Program Tracks.
- 4 weeks, mid-May to mid-June, 90 hours, 6 U.S. credits Intensive Spanish Language and Contemporary Spanish Culture and Society.
- 3 weeks, mid-June to early July, 45 hours, 3 U.S. credits Intensive Spanish Language.
- 7 weeks, mid-May to early July, 135 hours, 9 U.S. credits, combining the 4-week and 3-week programs.
- Full room and board in host families.
- Full logistical support for your visiting faculty from planning to completion.
- Fully appointed teaching center, accommodation, board, and services.
Spanish Language and Culture courses are offered as part of study-abroad programs or as free-standing, “a la carte” experiences for students or adult learners. They are perfect preparation for Spanish Ministry of Education DELE and SIELE certification.
Internship and Service-Learning, and Research and Creative Independent Study Project placements are offered as part of a study-abroad program or as free-standing experiences. They are designed to be credit-worthy with an integrated academic experiential learning course. Most placements require at least intermediate Spanish language skills, some require a higher level, and a small number are with entities that function in English or with minimal Spanish.
We call our online initiatives the Telemachus Project, launched with success in response to the global pandemic beginning in 2020.
For over 20 years we have offered unique courses informed by neuroscience for over a thousand ELE teachers from around the world.
ALL STUDY-ABROAD PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Airport or railway transfer at program beginning and end
- Choice of accommodation
- Host family*
- Shared apartment
- Full board
- Instructional excursions guided by Spanish Institute professional staff
- Assistance with entry documentation
- Transit pass for bus and metro
- 24/7 emergency support
- Health insurance for non-European nationals
- Access to top private hospitals
- Orientation Program
- Class materials
- Language Exchange Program
- Welcome and Farewell tapas celebrations
- Individualized support throughout
- Course documentation
(* required for some programs as part of language immersion)